Roanoke, Va. - The Mary Baldwin track and field teams wrapped up competition at the two-day Finn Pincus Invitational hosted by Roanoke College on Saturday. The Fighting Squirrels brought in four top-10 finishes, with both the men and women breaking 12 personal bests. Headlining the top finishers were Morgan Holmes finishing 8th out of 22 runners in the 600-meter run, Alice Wardy finishing 9th out of 33 runners in the 400-meter run, and Jaquelin Rosas finishing 9th out of 16 runners in the 1000-meter run.
- The women's sprint medley team of Alice Wardy, Morgan Holmes, Quinland Musgrove, and Jaquelin Rosas ran a 4:47.69, finishing 4th.
- Rosas broke a school record in the 800-meter run, finishing 13th out of 35 runners, with a time of 2:38.22.
- Rosas finished 9th out of 16 runners in the 1000-meter run with a time of 3:29.50, breaking another school record.
- Alice Wardy ran a new personal best in the 400-meter run, with a time of 1:04.61, placing 9th out of the 33 runners.
- Morgan Holmes came in 8th in the 600-meter run, clocking a time of 1:51.77, setting a new school record for that event.
- Max Kilmczak finished 24th out of 51 runners in the one-mile run, with a new school record time of 4:45.92.
- Steven Santiago set a new school record in the 600-meter run, running a 1:32.2, placing him 17th out of 27 runners.
- The men's sprint medley team of Romaijn Williams, Steven Santiago, Max Kilmczak, and Max Doerwaldt ran a 3:56.82 and finished 6th.
Up next for MBU Track and Field is the Vince Brown Invitational, hosted by Christopher Newport University on February the 3rd.
Recap by Allea Harris